Sunday, October 2, 2011

Training Walk

Today, on the second day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I participated in a 5K training walk for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. One of my BFFs and teammates, Michelle, walked as well and we had a blast! Michelle's first Avon Walk will be in 2012 and she was excited to get a taste of what was to come. As always the Avon crew was supportive and movtivating! One of the walkers spoke to the group before we started. I don't remember her name, but she was a 7 year cancer survivor. Her story reminded us all why we were there and took a little bit of the bite out of the cool fall air.

I am proud to be walking with four awesome ladies next year and hope that we make a difference.

Please check out our team website!

No comments:

Post a Comment