Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Top Ten Jessica-isms

My belated Friday Top Ten list! Thank you to my co-workers who came up with the idea and more than half of the entries. Not surprising since I make them listen to me 40 hours a week.

Honorable Mention - "Dammit, Dave, do your time sheet!"
Suggested by Dave himself! I do say this a lot, sometimes even multiple times a day. Since I only say it to one person though, it gets an honorable mention.

10. I know, right?
After Anna Kendrick said this in Twilight, there was no going back. I mainly use this on Facebook.

9.OMG!
I'm probably not known for OMG, but I definitely use it a lot. I've even used it in a writing assignment.

8. Mature ...
I used to say this to my buddy, (who shall remain nameless because he'll get all whiny if I mention him in my blog) when he would bust out the four year old poop jokes. These days, no one is immune to a good "Mature ...", even myself.

7. What up?
A general greeting for all. Even the husband.

6. Delightful
Everything's delightful! "How's your yogurt, J-Train?" "Delightful!; "Here's your pen I borrowed." "Delightful!"

5. Holla!
Another greeting and all around fun word. It demonstrates how urban and edgy I am.

4. OH SNAP!
Anytime someone disses me or someone else, you'll hear me shout this out. Thanks to my boss' daughter we now have a version for the most serious of offenses: HOLY SNAP!

3. Shortening words. Ex. "Fab" or "Hilar"
In regards to this I've been saying "hilar" for years. Lately, I've noticed that it's been getting a lot of use in social media and even on television. Ergo ipso facto, I'm ahead of the cool curve.

2. Holy crap!
How can you not love this? It expresses a great depth of surprise, yet it's not offensive like a true curse word. I love this term like Ross loves Rachel.

1. Dude
The epitome of Jessica-sims. Depending on connotation and context, dude can be used for anything. ANYTHING!!! I have been using this word for so long that my childhood friends (and their parents), call me dude. Even now, people greet me with a hearty "DUUUUUDE!"

Did I miss anything??

No comments:

Post a Comment